Matchday Recap: Crooks scores twice as Town slide to defeat at Portman Road
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town were beaten 2-0 by Rotherham United at Portman Road this evening.
Matt Crooks scored both goals as he profited from loose balls on two occasions to beat Tomas Holy, with Ipswich well below par and struggling to find a way back into the contest from there.
The defeat at Accrington on Sunday, by the same scoreline, was the first of a season which had continued to snowball for the Blues, as they gained result after result and ensured positive momentum following relegation at the end of last season.
Now, though, they must work to regain that momentum all over again after suffering back-to-back defeats.
Those results have seen Ipswich lose top spot, too, with Peterborough taking over at the summit on goal difference following their victory over Stanley this evening. The Blues do still hold a game in hand, though.
Next up for Ipswich is a visit to Southend, who were beaten 7-1 at home by Doncaster and will be bossed by Sol Campbell and former Blue Hermann Hreidarsson for the first time.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 7 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 8 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 9 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 10 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release