Matchday Recap: Sears goal secures Town’s first home win of the season
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town beat Wigan Athletic 1-0 at Portman Road this afternoon. Relive the action here.
Ipswich manager Paul Lambert is still looking for his first victory as Ipswich manager, following a run of two draws and four defeats in his opening six games.
The Blues are on run of four-successive defeats, following losses to West Brom, Bristol City, Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough.
This afternoon’s visit of Wigan represents a chance to find that first win, with the Latics sitting 16th in the table.
The Blues remain bottom and are now eight points adrift of safety (Millwall in 21st) and are seven behind both Reading and Bolton immediately above them.
This weekend’s fixtures
Hull City v Brentford
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 3 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 4 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 5 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 6 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 7 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 8 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 9 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 10 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
Bolton Wanderers v Leeds United
Rotherham United v Reading
Preston v Millwall