Wembley 2000: Watch our superb feature-length documentary celebrating Ipswich Town’s promotion
- Credit: Archant
It’s 20 years since Ipswich Town won a stunning promotion at Wembley, so we’ve come up with something special to celebrate.
We’re proud to bring you a 45-minute film documenting Ipswich Town’s glorious promotion to the Premiership, 20 years on, with the story told by those who made it happen.
In what remains the highlight of a generation’s time supporting the Blues, George Burley’s men finally made it over the hump after three-successive play-off disappointments. The semi-final victory over Bolton will live with those present forever, while the final itself against Barnsley was the culmination of Burley’s five years in charge.
The story is told by those at the forefront, including David Sheepshanks, Burley, Marcus Stewart, David Johnson, Tony Mowbray, Kieron Dyer and James Scowcroft, as well as fan memories.
You can watch through our in-house video player above.
You may also want to watch:
Production team: Andy Warren, Nick Mellamphy and Shaun Lawson
- 2 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 8 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit