Ipswich Town will be in confident mood, says Burton Albion manager Nigel Clough
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Burton Albion manager Nigel Clough expects to face a confident Ipswich Town team when the two sides go head-to-head at the Pirelli Stadium tomorrow evening.
The Blues head to Staffordshire for their first-ever away game at Burton, having won just two of their last 15 Championship games.
However, during that time, Mick McCarthy’s men have drawn nine times, leaving Clough believing the Blues are not far from turning a corner.
“They are always a tough team to face, they went on a run of nine draws out of 10 matches which shows how hard teams have found it to break them down,” said McCarthy.
He added: “It’s amazing how much confidence a team can get when they’re not losing, if you’re losing football teams drain confidence so they’ll be confident of coming here. Even if you are getting draws you know you’re not far away from turning them into wins.”
Clough’s Town counterpart Mick McCarthy has come under-fire this season, the Blues currently languishing in 17th position, nine points clear of the bottom-three.
However, Clough, in his second spell as manager of the Brewers, said: “Mick McCarthy is a great manager, they’re one of them teams that don’t spend much money but always finish well in the league. They’ve been in the play-offs previously and you know they won’t go down.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 5 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 6 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 7 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 8 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 9 Cobwebs spotted covering entire trees across Suffolk
- 10 7 of Suffolk's biggest events to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee
“We will give everything to get a result on Friday, it’s been good of late not losing many games we have kept the points total ticking over. We felt we deserved more on Saturday but it was still a great point.”