Skuse out of Wolves clash with foot in a protective boot but Webster and Ward return
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town will be without midfielder Cole Skuse for tomorrow’s clash with Wolves as he continues to struggle with a foot injury.
The midfielder was forced out of Saturday’s draw with Bolton after taking another knock to his ankle and is now wearing a protective boot which will not come off until after this weekend’s game.
The injury means Stephen Gleeson is likely to make his home debut, while there is good news on the injury front as Adam Webster and Grant Ward return to the fold after suffering from Achilles and groin problems.
“It’s lingered on to the weekend, he’s in a boot at the moment,” McCarthy said of Skuse.
“He won’t have that off until Sunday and I think he’ll be back on the grass on Monday, although he won’t be available tomorrow.
“That’s why I took him (Gleeson) and because Skusey’s been coming off in games with his ankle it made sense to try and take a similar type. Someone who will sit in midfield, pass, do his defensive duties and be a foil for Callum (Connolly). Callum and Skusey have been excellent.”
On Webster and Ward, McCarthy said: “They both trained and trained well and they will be in the squad tomorrow.
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 Town reject bid for midfielder Fraser but no Matete move
- 3 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 4 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
- 5 Ed Sheeran pays the most tax of any celebrity in the UK
- 6 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 7 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 8 Popular Sudbury bakery reveals aim to save town's post office
- 9 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 10 Parents’ fury as bouncy castle business leaves children in the lurch
“Skusey’s the only one from last week’s game who is out but we’ve had a bit of good news now, while Tom Adeyemi will be playing in the Under 23s on Monday, as also will Webbo and Ward – they don’t know that yet but they can read it in the paper – if they’re not involved.
“They need a game as does Tom, who has been out for a long time and will need that reassurance of playing a game prior to coming back to play for us.”
Dean Gerken will again be unavailable due to his ongoing hip injury.