Ipswich Town young guns not ready to make the step up
JACK Marriott will have to bide his time before making the step-up to the first-team squad.
Ipswich Town’s teenage striker hit a hat-trick for the Under-21s in their 3-2 home win over Barnet at the weekend.
But assistant boss Chris Hutchings has ruled out promoting Marriott ahead of the likes of Nathan Ellington and Ronan Murray.
Hutchings said: “Jack is honest and hard-working and took his goals well. That will do his confidence no end of good, but it is early days yet.”
One other youngster who will have to remain patient is midfielder Cheick Kourouma, who also played in the win over Barnet.
You may also want to watch:
Of his new recruit, Blues boss Paul Jewell said: “We have taken on a few young lads below the first-team that we are hoping can turn out to be first-team players. He is nowhere near the finished article yet, but he will get better.”
- 1 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 5 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 6 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 7 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 8 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson