Youngster Dobra signs first professional deal with Ipswich Town
- Credit: Archant
Armando Dobra has signed his first professional contract with Ipswich Town.
The 17-year-old midfielder, who can play in a variety of different roles, has put pen to paper on a deal until the end of next season.
Ipswich hold an option to extend his deal for a further year.
Dobra has impressed for the Under 23s and Under 18s so far this season and has also recently spent time training with Albania’s Under 19s.
He was a stand-out performer in the Under 23s’ 4-1 victory over Colchester on Monday, playing a part in two of the Ipswich goals.
You may also want to watch:
He is the fifth scholar to have signed his first professional deal with Town in the last few months after Kai Brown, Brett McGavin, Idris El Mizouni and Corrie Ndaba all committed their future to Blues.
Jack Lankester and Bailey Clements signed their first professional deals last summer.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Busy high street taped off by police
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 9 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases