Ipswich Town youngsters Andre Dozzell and Ben Morris in England U17 European Championship squad
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town youngsters Andre Dozzell and Ben Morris have been confirmed in the England Under 17 squad for this month’s European Championship.
The duo are part of manager Steve Cooper’s squad for the tournament in Azerbaijan, with the young Lions getting their Group C campaign underway against Sweden on Friday.
They will then host Denmark and holders France as they bid to progress from the group stage, with Dozzell delighted to be involved:
“I’m looking forward to the tournament. We’ve got a chance to do well,” Dozzell told the club website.
“Most of the players in the squad come from big clubs but there are a few Championship players as well.”
Manager Cooper is hopeful his yougn squad will make the most of their time in the spotlight and enjoy the experience.
“These games will be the ones with the biggest spotlight that they’ve had so far and it’s really important that young players experience tournaments soon,” said Cooper.
- 1 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 2 A12 partially reopens as air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 3 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 4 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 5 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 6 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 7 Striker Jackson signs new Town deal
- 8 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 9 A12 and A14 set for upgrades after £200m investment in Suffolk roads
- 10 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
“For me, it’s about making sure the players know they have the staff’s support in guiding them into preparing for the event and hopefully giving them the confidence to go and show what a good set of players they are.
“It is still an early part of their international career, so my job is to try and make it as beneficial as possible.”
Goalkeepers: Jared Thompson (Chelsea), Ryan Sandford (Millwall)
Defenders: Trevoh Chalobah (Chelsea), Edward Francis (Manchester City), Tolaji Bola (Arsenal), Dujon Sterling (Chelsea), Jaden Brown (Tottenham Hotspur), Morgan Feeney (Everton)
Midfielders: Marcus McGuane (Arsenal), Andre Dozzell (Ipswich Town), Dennis Adeniran (Fulham), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham)
Forwards: Reiss Nelson (Arsenal), Ben Morris (Ipswich Town), Joshua Bohui (Brentford), Samuel Shashoua (Tottenham Hotspur), George Hirst (Sheffield Wednesday)