Town youngsters Nydam and Downes earn England Under 19 call for trio of games
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town youngsters Flynn Downes and Tristan Nydam have been called up to the England Under 19 squad for three games during the international break.
The pair, who have broken into the Blues first team this season, will be involved in the Young Lions’ clashes with Hungary, Latvia and Macedonia later this month.
The games form the Elite Round of qualifying for the summer’s European Championships in Finland, at which England will be bidding to retain the title they won last summer.
Both players have previous international experience with Nydam representing the U18s and U19s once and Downes, currently on loan at Luton, earning three caps for the U19s side.
The pair will join up with a squad that includes Manchester City’s Phil Foden, as Mason Mount of Chelsea, Arsenal trio Reiss Nelson, Eddie Nketiah and Joe Willock, as well as Jadon Sancho of Borussia Dortmund.
You may also want to watch:
The first of the three games, all played in Skopje, Macedonia, sees the Young Lions take on Hungary on March 21 before facing Latvia on March 24 and Macedonia on March 27. All games kick-off at 1pm.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 8 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 9 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 10 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move