Dobra at the double but Town U23s drop points to Colchester United
- Credit: Steve Waller
Armando Dobra struck twice for Town U23s at Playford Road this afternoon. But a late Colchester United equaliser denied the Blues all three points.
Dobra struck once in each half to keep Kieron Dyer's young team side top of the table for now in their Development League.
Town included Jack Lankester, Brett McGavin, Idris El Mizouni, as well as Dobra in a strong U23 line-up.
However, they didn't have it all their own way and it was the young Colchester side who took the lead in the 22nd minute before Dobra equalised for Blues on 35 minutes.
That was the way it stayed until half-time.
But Town went back in front 16 minutes from the end, that man Dobra again on target. Town looked to be heading to all three points, until a late Colchester equaliser in stoppage time grabbed the young U's a point.
Town: White, Crowe, McGavin, Andoh, Smith, Lankester, El Mizouni, Gibbs, Crane, Simpson, Dobra. Subs: Ridd, Healy, K Brown, Z Brown, Oppong.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Matchday Live: Town two up on basement boys
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan