Ipswich win top Championship award for customer service
IPSWICH Town have been named top of the Championship - in the customer service charter league tables.
The Blues achieved top marks in categories such as accessibility, quality and timeliness following a recent survey of all clubs in the top two tiers of English football.
Chief executive Simon Clegg said: “As a club, we always aim to interact with our supporters at many levels in an efficient and friendly manner and this external assessment of our efforts is greatly appreciated.
“I regularly meet with the chairman and members of the Supporters Group Forum and it’s encouraging to know that others outside the club recognise the emphasis we place on this important area.
“A good customer service policy is fundamental in the running of any business but this is especially so in football when the customers, our club’s loyal supporters, are the most critical people in the relationship.”
You may also want to watch:
John Ford, ticket office and call centre manager who wrote Town’s charter, added: “Independent assessment of our customer charter confirms we cover all the points expected by football supporters and it is reassuring to know that we’re largely getting it right.”
The club were rated in seven categories - accessibility, timeliness, quality, clarity of complaints procedure, appeals process and contact details for the relevant league and Independent Football Ombudsman (IFO) - and scored an impressive 32 out of a maximum 35, pipping Derby County and Norwich City for the top award.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
The survey was carried out by the Football Supporters’ Federation which examined each club’s charter from their official website.
- What do you think? Are Town top of the league when it comes to customer service? Let us know your thoughts by leaving a comment below or emailing email@example.com