It is confirmed - Norris and McAuley leaving Ipswich
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell today confirmed that key players Gareth McAuley and David Norris will be leaving the club.
They have both turned down the offers of a new contract with their current ones running out in June.
“I have seen both players today and they are going to leave,” said Jewell.
“David says that he has one or two offers while Gareth tells me that a Premier League club is showing interest.
“I wish them both well, and they have been model profesionals.
You may also want to watch:
“I will be looking to bring in someone to replace Gareth.”
Jewell spoke to Jimmy Bullard today and also his parent club Hull City. “Jimmy wants to stay, and I want him to stay, but we are talking about about a complicated deal,” said Jewell.
- 1 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 9 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base