Celina called up by Kosovo, but Morsy left out by Egypt
- Credit: Steve Waller - www.stephenwaller
Ipswich Town attacker Bersant Celina has been named in Kosovo's squad for their upcoming World Cup qualifiers.
Kosovo travel to face Sweden on Saturday, October 9 before hosting Georgia on Tuesday, October 12.
It means the Dijon loanee will miss the Blues' Papa John’s Trophy game at Gillingham next Tuesday as well the League One home clash against Shrewsbury next Saturday.
Meanwhile, Town skipper Sam Morsy will be available for those games having been left out of the Egypt squad for World Cup qualifiers against Libya. The 30-year-old, whose last cap came at the 2018 World Cup, had been named in their initial squad last month.
Macauley Bonne was also left out of the final Zimbabwe squad for their World Cup qualifiers against Ghana.
League One clubs only have the option to postpone fixtures if three or more of their first team players are away on international duty.
Armando Dobra has been named in the Albania U21 squad, but he is currently on loan at Colchester United for the season.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win