Dobra and Andoh fire Town U23s to win at Charlton
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town Under 23s fought back from a goal down to win 2-1 at Charlton Athletic this afternoon.
Kieron Dyer's side, which featured fringe first-teamers Dai Cornell, Tristan Nydam - continuing his return from a long-term injury - Armando Dobra and Oli Hawkins, fell behind early as Mason Burstow put the Addicks up after just nine minutes.
But Town came back into the game after the break, livewire Dobra - fresh from playing for the first team as a sub at Wigan on Saturday - levelling ten minutes into the second stanza, drilling a shot home.
And Levi Andoh then fired the Blues ahead 15 minutes later, doing superbly well to divert the ball into the bottom corner from close range after the home side failed to clear their lines.
It was a goal which proved enough to secure the points for Dyer's men, who remain second in the PDL2 South table.
The U23s are next in action when they host Bristol City at Playford Road on April 6.
Town starting XI: Cornell, Crowe, Andoh, Armin, Clements, Alexander, Nydam, Trialist, Dobra, Crane, Hawkins
- 1 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 2 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners
- 3 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 6 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 7 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 10 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle