Matchday Recap: Town can't find equaliser as Blues exit cup
- Credit: Steve Waller - www.stephenwaller.com
Ipswich Town were beaten 1-0 by Newport County in the Carabao Cup tonight.
The Blues drew 2-2 with Morecambe on the opening day of their League One campaign but now switch their attention to the cup.
Cook will make changes tonight, with a number of those not involved on Saturday given an opportunity.
"From a manager’s point of view, this year we want to be promoted," manager Paul Cook said. "There’s nothing else on our radar other than promotion.
“That’s top of the list. The FA Cup then is very much second in the list. Historically it’s a great competition to be in.
“I think as you fall, the Carabao Cup and the Papa John’s Trophy, I think you will see us make changes in those competitions due to the fact that we will prioritise the other competitions."
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic