Town on verge of sell-out for Sunderland clash
- Credit: Ipswich Town
Just 500 tickets remain for Ipswich Town's clash with fellow third tier big boys Sunderland at Portman Road on Saturday.
The fixture is the first of a trio of festive face-offs in Suffolk which Town hope to attract bumper crowds to as part of their #PackOutPR campaign.
The club said 28,700 tickets have been sold for Saturday thus far, with additional areas being made available due to high demand.
A statement on the club website added: "The initiative seeks to create an unforgettable atmosphere at Portman Road throughout the holiday period, by encouraging a bumper crowd to cheer on the Blues.
"Saturday looks set to be a memorable occasion with over 28,700 tickets already sold to see Town take on Sunderland.
"Sales for the other festive fixtures at Portman Road against Wycombe (Wednesday, 29 December) and Lincoln (Saturday, 1 January) also continue to exceed usual demand."
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 7 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 10 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich