Jack Ainsley offered new deal by Town
HE was in the heart of the Blues defence that conceded seven against Peterborough United.
But Jack Ainsley’s powers of recovery from a confidence-shattering 90 minutes have done enough to impress Paul Jewell and earn a new contract.
The Town manager confirmed yesterday that he had offered local lad Ainsley a new 18-month deal– a massive vote of confidence for the 21-year-old who hasn’t played for the first team since the London Road horror show.
Ainsley signed a six-month contract in the summer, which expires next month, and was originally included on the pre-season tour to the Netherlands.
He started in the Carling Cup defeat to Northampton and then came in for injury-hit Ipswich as a somewhat makeshift centre-back in the 7-1 mauling by Peterborough. Before and after that dark day, the Ipswich-born player has been an unused sub in seven other matches and has clearly impressed Jewell in training.
You may also want to watch:
The Town boss said he would be making a decision on fellow youngster Jamie Griffiths in the next few days.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 5 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 6 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 7 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 8 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 9 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 10 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon