Jack Collison mulling over contract offer from Ipswich Town
- Credit: James Ager
Jack Collison is mulling over a contract offer from Ipswich Town and could make a decision in the next 24 hours.
Manager Mick McCarthy is speaking to the former West Ham midfielder’s agent this afternoon, having offered the Welsh international a deal until January.
Collison was training with Town and played for the under-21s, and has recently spent a similar spell at Birmingham City as he ponders his options.
“I’m speaking to Jack today. I offered him exactly the same as Darren Ambrose, to January and I’ve told him that offer still stands,” said McCarthy.
“Things all seem sweet now but we get to November and suddenly we’ve got a flu epidemic and we’ve people with injuries and suspensions so another body of that quality would be nice.”
Meanwhile, young striker Jack Marriott will be returning from his loan spell at League Two Carlisle.
His month spell at Brunton Park is due to expire on Friday and the 20-year-old has failed to find the net in five games for the Football League’s bottom club.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 3 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 4 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 5 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 6 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 7 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 8 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 9 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo