Jack Marriott leaves Ipswich Town for Carlisle United and Frank Nouble heading for exit door
Jack Marriott has joined League Two Carlisle United on a month’s loan, ahead of tomorrow night’s trip to Birmingham City in the Championship.
The 19-year-old, who made his senior Blues debut at Crawley Town in the Capital One Cup last week, could soon be followed by out-of-favour frontman Frank Nouble who has been made available for loan or transfer.
Nouble was left out of Mick McCarthy’s 18-man squad at Reading on Saturday and is not happy at playing a peripheral role at Portman Road, especially as new loan striker, Derby’s Conor Sammon has now overtaken him in the pecking order.
“I spoke to Frank yesterday and he is available for loan or transfer,” said McCarthy.
“He’s not daft, he’s seen other players come in and I would not treat him with anything but respect.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s worked hard for us but we now have four other strikers, while Jack Marriott has gone out on loan.
“Frank wants to play in someone’s first team. He doesn’t want to be sub, he’s had a good spell of that and when he’s come in he’s done reasonably well, certain games better than others. Palace here he ripped it up and Birmingham here but it’s not been on a consistent basis.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
On Marriott, McCarthy added: “Jack needs to play some football, plus when we have a two-week break they will have games so he can still be playing.”
Young defender Elliott Hewitt will train with the first-team squad this morning, ahead of the trip to the Midlands, despite picking up a slight groin problem in Saturday’s defeat at the Madjeski.