Jack Marriott leaves Ipswich Town for Carlisle United and Frank Nouble heading for exit door
Jack Marriott has joined League Two Carlisle United on a month’s loan, ahead of tomorrow night’s trip to Birmingham City in the Championship.
The 19-year-old, who made his senior Blues debut at Crawley Town in the Capital One Cup last week, could soon be followed by out-of-favour frontman Frank Nouble who has been made available for loan or transfer.
Nouble was left out of Mick McCarthy’s 18-man squad at Reading on Saturday and is not happy at playing a peripheral role at Portman Road, especially as new loan striker, Derby’s Conor Sammon has now overtaken him in the pecking order.
“I spoke to Frank yesterday and he is available for loan or transfer,” said McCarthy.
“He’s not daft, he’s seen other players come in and I would not treat him with anything but respect.
“He’s worked hard for us but we now have four other strikers, while Jack Marriott has gone out on loan.
“Frank wants to play in someone’s first team. He doesn’t want to be sub, he’s had a good spell of that and when he’s come in he’s done reasonably well, certain games better than others. Palace here he ripped it up and Birmingham here but it’s not been on a consistent basis.”
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 3 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 4 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 5 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 6 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 7 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 8 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 9 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 10 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
On Marriott, McCarthy added: “Jack needs to play some football, plus when we have a two-week break they will have games so he can still be playing.”
Young defender Elliott Hewitt will train with the first-team squad this morning, ahead of the trip to the Midlands, despite picking up a slight groin problem in Saturday’s defeat at the Madjeski.