Exiled duo Jackson and Nolan in Town U23s team to face QPR today
- Credit: Steve Waller/Pagepix
Exiled first-team squad members Kayden Jackson and Jon Nolan are both in a strong Ipswich Town U23 team that faces QPR today.
Both players have been banished to the U23s after falling out with manager Paul Lambert, who made a vague set of accusations about the pair, claiming they have 'let the club down'.
The EADT and Ipswich Star brought you exclusive news that midfielder Nolan and striker Jackson have been made to train with the Under-23s following disagreement behind the scenes.
Neither have featured in a first team squad since the 1-0 home defeat to Sunderland on January 26.
Nolan is understood to have voiced his displeasure at having been taken to Crewe only to be told he was out of the 18. Jackson is believed to be bemused at his punishment having publicly apologised for what Lambert labelled an 'horrendous red card' against Sunderland recently.
The U23s team also includes Tristian Nydam, back after a long injury lay-off, Jack Lankester and Armando Dobra.
The first team are at Hull tonight.
- 1 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 3 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 4 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Woman in 70s dies in hospital after serious crash in east Suffolk
- 7 New homes plan submitted for controversial Suffolk site
- 8 Five new flats to replace redundant builder's yard
- 9 Woodbridge café adds extra outside seats due to high demand from customers
- 10 North Stander: With goals from elsewhere, do we need another striker?
Report on the U23 game will follow later.