Donacien made available for loan once again as two clubs show interest in defender
- Credit: Picture: Stephen Waller
Ipswich Town defender Janoi Donacien is attracting interest after being made available for loan.
The defender, 27, has yet to feature in League One for the Blues this season but has put in solid displays during his three appearances in cup competitions.
His last outing came against Portsmouth in the FA Cup in November and, with captain Luke Chambers a league ever-present at right-back and Kane Vincent-Young potentially returning in the coming weeks, the defender is understood to have been made available.
We understand League Two side Colchester United have shown early interest while Donacien’s former club, Accrington Stanley, are interested in another loan move for a player they brought in on a temporary basis during the second half of the 2018/19 season.
He was also made available for loan last January, with a number of clubs in Leagues One and Two showing interest, but he ultimately remained at Portman Road for the rest of the campaign.
Donacien joined the Blues in the summer of 2018, initially on loan while work permit issues were resolved before a fee of £750,000 was eventually paid the following January. He returned to Accrington on loan just a few days later.
In total the defender has made 33 appearances for the Blues during his two-and-a-half years at the club.
- 1 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 4 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 5 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 6 Body of man found in Saxmundham
- 7 Company fined nearly £4k for further food hygiene breaches
- 8 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
- 9 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 10 'I apologise for the misunderstanding' - Nsiala issues statement
His contract expires this summer.