Former Ipswich defender Cundy hilariously pranked during 'Steven Gerrard' interview
- Credit: talksport/PA
Former Ipswich Town defender Jason Cundy was left red-faced after what he thought was an interview with Rangers boss Steven Gerrard.
Cundy, who represented the Blues 74 times between 1996 and 1999, is one of the army of former Ipswich players now working at talkSPORT, along with Alan Brazil, Matt Holland, Darren Bent and Darren Ambrose.
And as part of that role, Cundy was preparing for an interview with former England and Liverpool midfielder, and current Rangers boss, Gerrard.
But, little did he know, fellow presenter Andy Goldstein had instead arranged a chat with top impressionist Darren Farley, with the pair ultimately having an extremely awkward conversation which left Cundy perplexed and frustrated.
Cundy and ‘Gerrard’ tried to discuss the England’s European Championship campaign, Scottish football and his work in management, but things didn’t go well.
You can watch the video, here.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 5 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 6 Go-ahead for 150 new homes in Suffolk village
- 7 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
- 10 Teenager who was diagnosed with cancer on birthday still chasing dream of becoming chef