Jason Scotland signs for Barnsley, while Josh Carson could be heading to Northampton Town
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
JASON Scotland has signed a short-term contract at struggling Championship club Barnsley, just days after being released by Ipswich Town.
Having dropped down the pecking order at the Blues, an agreement was reached between club and player to prematurely cut short the final few months of the 33-year-old striker’s contract at the club.
The former Trinidad and Tobago international has signed a short-term deal at second-from-bottom Barnsley – a side just seven points below Town, with the Yorkshire club having a game in hand.
He said: “I’m looking forward to getting back to playing football. Everyone is really positive here. I’m going to try and bring more goals to this team.”
Meanwhile, the EADT understands that League Two side Northampton Town have made a loan approach for Blues winger Josh Carson.
– To catch up on today’s live Ipswich Town webchat, go to: http://www.greenun24.co.uk/home/live-chat
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 6 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 9 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong
- 10 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof