Jason Scotland signs for Barnsley, while Josh Carson could be heading to Northampton Town
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
JASON Scotland has signed a short-term contract at struggling Championship club Barnsley, just days after being released by Ipswich Town.
Having dropped down the pecking order at the Blues, an agreement was reached between club and player to prematurely cut short the final few months of the 33-year-old striker’s contract at the club.
The former Trinidad and Tobago international has signed a short-term deal at second-from-bottom Barnsley – a side just seven points below Town, with the Yorkshire club having a game in hand.
He said: “I’m looking forward to getting back to playing football. Everyone is really positive here. I’m going to try and bring more goals to this team.”
Meanwhile, the EADT understands that League Two side Northampton Town have made a loan approach for Blues winger Josh Carson.
You may also want to watch:
– To catch up on today’s live Ipswich Town webchat, go to: http://www.greenun24.co.uk/home/live-chat
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 5 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 6 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 7 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 8 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm