Jason Scotland: We need to have more devilment in front of goal
Ipswich Town v Charlton: Jason Scotland has called on Ipswich Town to be more clinical in front of goal after the Blues fell to their fourth Championship defeat of the season.
Two second half goals from Johnnie Jackson and Ricardo Fuller put Charlton in the ascendancy before Scotland’s late deflected strike off of Leon Cort gave the hosts hope.
However, the home side could not find an equaliser – Nathan Ellington volleying over from six yards late on – and are now second from bottom in the table, ahead of next Saturday’s long trip to fellow strugglers, Barnsley.
“We are not taking our chances and we are conceding too many. A goal difference of minus ten at this stage of the season is not good enough,” said Scotland
“We thought we might have a chance at 2-1 and we had some half chances but we did not get the rub of the green.
You may also want to watch:
“We need to have more devilment in front of goal. We are confident and we are playing some good stuff but that counts for nothing if you are not winning games.
“We all need to stick together and turn it around as quickly as possible.”
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay