He might have one eye on soaring up the music charts.
But Jay Emmanuel-Thomas’ plans to release a single with MOBO award-winner Chipmonk have been curtailed by Blues boss Paul Jewell who today offers his enigmatic attacker some simple advice – concentrate on starring on the football pitch.
Chipmonk, who like his good pal JET was a former Arsenal youth, revealed to a national newspaper plans to collaborate with the Town forward on a future track.
But after the Evening Star informed the Ipswich manager he might have a chart success in his dressing room, Jewell said: “Jay Emmanuel-Thomas needs to concentrate on his football.
“That is what he gets paid to do and that is what I will be having a word with him about. People have off-the-pitch activities but I want him to concentrate what is going on the pitch.
You may also want to watch:
“He might want to make a name for himself by doing records, but I want him to make a name for himself on the football pitch.
“He can be anything he wants to be or he can just drift away – it is entirely up to him. He make more money making records, you never know.”
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 8 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 9 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 10 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
Jewell admitted he had no idea who Chipmunk was, so hits likes Oopsy Daisy and Chip Diddy Chip are probably not on his CD player.
But the rapper thinks he can get a fair trade out of JET, explaining: “We’ve known each other since we were kids at Arsenal. Jay is singing on a track for me. And he’s gonna play five-a-side with me so I can get my first touch back.”
Emmanuel-Thomas has made 10 appearances for Town this season, scoring two goals, but his last start was against Leeds United at the end of August.
* But what should JET sing? Check out Dave Gooderham’s blog by clicking the links above or visiting www.greenun24.co.uk/blogs