JEWELL EXIT: Who will replace Paul Jewell?
ALAN Curbishley has been named as the favourite to succeed Paul Jewell at Ipswich Town following his departure this morning.
Jewell left Portman Road by mutual consent in a decision confirmed by the club and agreed on by both the manager, owner Marcus Evans and chief executive Simon Clegg.
In the wake of the latest Championship manager vacancy, former Charlton and West Ham boss Curbishley is the early favourite – after his name was linked with Town in national newspapers at the weekend.
Owen Coyle is second favourite, a fortnight after being sacked by divisional rivals Bolton, closely followed Alex McLeish, Mick McCarthy and Billy Davies,
Harry Redknapp, a man linked with the job last month, is 20/1 along with former Town favourites George Burley and Terry Butcher.
You may also want to watch:
Latest odds (according to Paddy Power): Alan Curbishley 5/2, Owen Coyle 8/1, Alex McLeish 10/1, Mick McCarthy 14/1, Billy Davies 16/1, Alan Shearer 20/1, Paolo Di Canio 20/1, Harry Redknapp 20/1, Gary Megson 20/1, George Burley 20/1, Terry Butcher 20/1, Tony Mowbray 20/1, Karl Robinson 33/1, Ole Gunnar Solksjaer 33/1.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay