Jewell happy to have Scotland
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell has revealed for the first time how close Jason Scotland came to lining up AGAINST the Blues this weekend.
The Town boss gave his divisional rivals permission to speak with the striker but a deal failed on personal terms.
And with Ipswich due to travel to Blackpool on Saturday, Jewell has revealed he is pleased to still have Scotland in his squad.
Jewell said: “Blackpool made an enquiry and we gave them permission to speak to Jason. They spoke to his agent but they couldn’t agree personal terms.
“I’m quite happy to keep Jason here. He scored against Leeds and made the winner. I don’t have to move anyone out of the door but I think we have to be fair on people and that’s why we gave Jason permission to talk to Blackpool. Jason knows that and I spoke to him about it. There’s no problem and we move on.”
You may also want to watch:
Jewell revealed that Scotland will be in his squad for Saturday’s trip to Bloomfield Road.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week