Jewell has big injury worries
PAUL Jewell faces a major headache for this Saturday’s trip to Leeds United, due to a number of injury concerns
PAUL Jewell faces a major headache for this Saturday’s trip to Leeds United, due to a number of injury concerns.
Skipper David Norris is a definite non-starter - he will serve the first of a two-match suspension for accruing 10 bookings - while fellow midfielders Jimmy Bullard and Colin Healy are both major doubts.
Bullard missed the 3-1 home defeat to Reading in midweek, due to a sore hamstring, while Healy has been sidelined recently with a stomach problem.
“I don’t know whether Jimmy Bullard will be fit,” explained Jewell during this morning’s press conference.
You may also want to watch:
“We will give him every opportunity. He was very positive before the Reading game, but then felt the hamstring when running 60% in a fitness test.
“So we will have to leave it up to him,” added Jewell.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 9 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
Jewell will assess the fitness of Healy in training this morning, but left-back Mark Kennedy will miss out due to his tweaked hamstring.