Jewell holds more talks with Norris
PAUl Jewell has spoken to David Norris again, in an attempt to sign up his skipper beyond this season.
PAUL Jewell has spoken to David Norris again, in an attempt to sign up his skipper beyond this season.
Norris’ agent has made it known in past weeks that Jewell can plan “without Norris” for next season, but a new deal is not dead-in-the-water yet, despite interest shown from other clubs, led by Portsmouth.
Norris’ contract expires at the end of this season, and the chances are that the 30-year-old will leave Portman Road this summer. But Jewell is doing everything in his power to retain the services of his midfield general.
“I spoke to Chuck yesterday as well,” revealed Jewell during this morning’s press conference.
You may also want to watch:
“We are trying to sign all the players that we want to sign.
“If they all sign, I’ll be delighted, but if they don’t sign then that’s their prerogative and we will move on. But I’d like to move on with those players.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
“I spoke to Chuck’s agent last week and I spoke to Chuck yesterday. We are trying to get something done.
“We want to keep them here, we are desperate to keep them here, but if we don’t we’ll have to learn from our mistakes that have led to ourselves being vulnerable to this occasion,” added Jewell