Jewell hopeful of Sonko return
IBRAHIMA Sonko is set to return to training today and could come into contention for the visit to Millwall on Saturday.
The big defender missed the match against Crystal Palace with a hamstring injury but Paul Jewell this morning admitted Sonko could come back into his thinking.
There was worse news for Damien Delaney who was rated as “very doubtful” by the manager, the centre-back needing a steroid injection to curb a foot injury sustained against the Eagles.
With Aaron Cresswell suspended, Mark Kennedy is set to step in at left-back although the Town boss would not be drawn on confirming that.
Elsewhere, Jason Scotland is in line to start again after being rested against Palace, Jewell confirming the striker had been suffering from back and hamstring trouble. Michael Chopra is also set to start.
You may also want to watch:
For more on Chopra, see www.greenun24.co.uk in 10 minutes.
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 'They walked into us heavy' - Cook on 6-0 thrashing of Doncaster