Jewell praised by departing youngster
REGGIE Lambe has paid tribute to Paul Jewell’s sensitive handling of being told the news every footballing youngster dreads.
The 20-year-old winger was recently released by Ipswich Town and is now hoping to secure a permanent deal with Bristol Rovers, where he spent two months on loan at the end of last season.
But Lambe left Portman Road with a parting compliment to the Blues boss over the way he told the youngster that he was not going to be offered a new contract.
Lambe said: “I went out on loan to Bristol Rovers hoping it would boost my chances of getting another contract with Ipswich, but it wasn’t to be. I really enjoyed my time at the club and gained some valuable experience.
“Paul Jewell was excellent when he informed of his decision and spoke to me very respectfully. He told me what I needed to improve and I really appreciate that.”
You may also want to watch:
Lambe is now hoping to gain a contract with Bristol Rovers, who were relegated to League Two last season and have since appointed Paul Buckle as their new manager.
The Bermuda international added: “There has been other offers. I haven’t turned a blind eye to them but I want to see what happens with Rovers first. My agent’s sorted everything out for me and I should know more in the next two weeks.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds