Jewell praises backing of Evans
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell has reiterated his desire to make plenty more summer signings.
The Blues boss has already made four additions since the end of last season – Michael Chopra, Ivar Ingimarsson, Nathan Ellington and Aaron Cresswell – but there could yet still be four or five more to follow.
With a centre-back, right-back, winger, central-midfielder and striker all still arguably required, Jewell said: “I’m happy with what we’ve done so far and the players we have brought in, but there are more to come.
“It’s been a hard summer, with lots of phone calls and travelling but we are getting there.
“We’ve signed some really good players but it’s not all rosy in the garden, we want to bring more in.
You may also want to watch:
“Times are hard in football though, just like they are outside the game. There is not loads of money around to buy players, in the Championship anyway, but whenever I have asked the owner to spend money, he has said yes.
“It’s a case of getting the right players at the right price and the owner will always listen to what I have to say.”
- 1 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 7 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 8 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'