Jewell targets four more players
PAUL Jewell has predicted a busy few days ahead for the Blues with at least four new players targeted.
The Town boss has identified a NEW striking transfer target as well as three other new signings as work on his new-look side shows no signs of letting up.
Breaking his cover to reveal some of his transfer targets, Jewell said he hoped to bring in a few new faces before the Championship season opener at Bristol City on August 6.
But he partially dampened down speculation that Sheffield United striker Ched Evans could be making a move to Portman Road, explaining: “Someone said we have had a �1 million bid turned down but that is not the case.
“He is a player who is on our list but we have not made an offer for him yet. But we have made an offer for a striker and will hopefully hear back tomorrow.”
You may also want to watch:
After watching his side stutter to a 2-2 draw with non-league Cambridge United last night, Jewell knows there is plenty of room for improvement.
He added: “A centre back and centre midfield are both positions we are still looking to strength too as well as a winger. We are in for a couple of others which we have managed to keep quiet so far, which is great.”
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 'They walked into us heavy' - Cook on 6-0 thrashing of Doncaster
While not disclosing who the bids are for, Jewell did admit that he had enquired about Cardiff City midfielder Peter Whittingham but received short shrift from Bluebirds boss Malky Mackay while Nottingham Forest’s Guy Moussi had opted to stay at the City Ground.
And Jewell revealed that the club had a second bid for Millwall winger James Henry knocked back as the search for more new blood continues with just two-and-a-half weeks to go before the new Championship season.