Jewell watches back every minute of Town season
IT has been a mix of TV heaven and TV hell.
But Paul Jewell has forced himself to sit through a repeat of every single minute of Town’s 15 league matches as he seeks a solution to their inconsistent start.
At times, it made for uncomfortable viewing as Southampton, Peterborough, Millwall and Doncaster all hit three or more goals past the beleaguered Blues.
But on other occasions, it was a perfect way to spend a weekend off with Ipswich going six matches unbeaten, leaving Jewell to purr: “Some of the football we played was scintillating.
“The shape of the team and how we created opportunities was great.”
You may also want to watch:
Having watched the tapes back and consulted with his coaching staff, Jewell needs to find a remedy fast with Town facing a tough run of fixtures on the back of a three-match winless run where he admits his side has been “second best”.
He said: “We have got a big inconsistency in the team, we go from really good to really bad.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
“Not everything is right, but there is not as much wrong as everyone thinks.
“We have got some good players and have played some terrific football. Against West Ham, Middlesbrough, Cardiff, Brighton, we had a shape that seemed to suit us perfectly.
“But when I watch all the DVDs, the concentration levels and giving silly goals away sticks out to me. I can see signs of some real progress at times, but I also see some real backward steps.”