Jim agrees new deal with Town
JIM Magilton has agreed a new deal with Ipswich Town keeping him at Portman Road until at least the summer of 2010.First team coach Bryan Klug and skills coach Steve Foley have also agreed new two-year deals.
By Derek Davis
JIM Magilton has agreed a new deal with Ipswich Town keeping him at Portman Road until at least the summer of 2010.
First team coach Bryan Klug and skills coach Steve Foley have also agreed new two-year deals.
The trio's current contracts were due to expire next summer but the improved deals have been finalised now.
The EADT revealed last week that Magilton and his staff had been offered new contracts and negotiations were swiftly concluded.
Magilton today said: “The club has shown faith in us and have liked what they have seen so far.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 10 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
“The chairman and the board believe we are heading in the right direction, we have new investment coming in, and the future is encouraging.”
Magilton took charge along with Klug in June 2006 when he took over from Joe Royle.