Jimmy Bullard’s illness makes him a doubt for Hull City
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell will be without a number of players for Saturday’s FA Cup third round tie at Hull City.
Bullard called manager Jewell at 10am on the morning of Monday’s 3-1 home defeat to Nottingham Forest to say he was had been ill during the night.
And that illness makes him a doubt to face his former club Hull at the weekend, saying: “Jimmy is still ill, he’s come in today, but he’s had the flu and that’s knocked him for six.”
Jewell continued: “We’ve got a few injury problems.
“Lee Bowyer (groin) is injured and that’s two to three weeks out, Andy Drury is cup-tied and Jason Scotland has got a tight hamstring.
“We have got a few problems, but we’ve still got enough players that can go in there and put in a good performance.”
Jewell also ruled out Keith Andrews (hamstring) from the trip to the KC Stadium – the last game the loanee is available for before returning to Blackburn.
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 4 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 5 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 6 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
- 7 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 8 Range Rover stolen from home in east Suffolk
- 9 North Stander: The early signs are very positive for Town
- 10 Thousands head to Helmingham car show
The Blues boss confirmed that the host of injuries may open the door for one of his fringe players to come into the squad, including youngster Luke Hyam.
– For all the latest transfer news keep an eye on this website throughout the day.