Jimmy holidays with Town team mates
JIMMY Bullard’s confessed love of all things Ipswich Town has once again been shown after he went on a post-season holiday with some of his Blues’ team mates.
The midfielder who has quickly become a fans favourite at Portman Road took a well-deserved break in the south of Spain with some Town players who everyone hopes will be his team mates again next season.
Speculation continues to rage about where Bullard might ply his trade next season with Paul Jewell admitting he would love to be reunited with the playmaker again next term.
But the 32-year-old’s high wages could scupper any deal with parent club, Hull City, looking to release Bullard with Premiership newcomers QPR among the potential suitors.
Away from any negotiations, Bullard spent a few days in Spain, where he was spotted by former Olympic swimmer Karen Pickering, also on holiday with friends.
You may also want to watch:
The Commonwealth gold medalist said: “It was all rather strange. We had decided to get away for a few days and on the first night, I was sitting in a bar when I looked up and on the table opposite, I just saw this hair and thought it was Jimmy Bullard.
“One of my group was my good friend Alison Curbishley, the former British athlete and now BBC broadcaster, who is a massive football fan and immediately recognised the Town loanee. We had some good banter over the few days and the lads seemed to have a good and well-deserved break.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 5 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 10 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
An ardent Ipswich Town fan, Pickering said she would love to see Bullard sign for Town next season, but stopped short of actively convincing the holidaying midfielder.
She added: “Before any fans start to put two and two together, I didn’t ask him anything about his plans for next season. But I am happy to report he, and the other lads, seemed to be having a good time and were on top form and behaviour.
“What was funny was that I posted a harmless message on Twitter saying I had seen Jimmy on holiday and I was then inundated with messages from Town fans asking me to get him to sign.
“It just shows how much everyone appreciated what Jimmy did for us in his short time at the club. He gave us some great entertainment and has been a big influence in the dressing room, at just the right time. I, along with everyone else, would love him to stay.”