Joel Ward and Alan Judge top fans’ poll
IPSWICH Town supporters have put Joel Ward and Alan Judge at the top of their most wanted list.
The EADT and Ipswich Star has brought you news of seven different Town targets – be they bids or enquiries – since the 2011/12 season finished less than a month ago.
And when fans were yesterday asked to vote via an internet poll as to who they would most like to see arrive at Portman Road, there were two stand-out names.
At 22-years-old, Portsmouth full-back Ward is viewed as the perfect man to provide long-term competition for full-backs Carlos Edwards and Aaron Cresswell.
And 23-year-old Notts County midfielder Alan Judge also appears to fit the bill of a player keen to prove himself at a higher level.
The aforementioned duo both claimed an equal 31% share of the poll (http://tinyurl.com/brruhsa), while voters were less keen on the prospect of Pompey midfielder David Norris making a return to the club and appeared underwhelmed by the enquiry which has been lodged for winger Michael Jacobs at League Two club Northampton Town.
It’s understood that long-term target Ward has now narrowed down six Championship suitors to Town and one other. He is set to meet manager Paul Jewell and owner Marcus Evans over the coming days for talks.
- 1 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 2 Plans for former Dorothy Perkins store in Suffolk town withdrawn
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations from Ipswich Town's win at Forest Green
- 4 Top food event set to provide showcase for more than 100 Suffolk producers
- 5 Driver caught speeding at 94mph in 50 zone on A140 in mid Suffolk
- 6 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 7 'A top team for League One' - Forest Green boss praises Town
- 8 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 9 Hunt for convicted murderer released on temporary licence in Ipswich
- 10 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
However, with the seven man list containing one full-back, five midfielders and a striker, a number of supporters have voiced their concern over the lack of centre-backs and goalkeepers who have been linked.
Jewell has said he wants to sign a new No.1 and two new centre-backs this summer.