Harrop self-isolating after positive Covid test
- Credit: ITFC
New Ipswich Town signing Josh Harrop is self-isolating after testing positive for coronavirus.
The midfielder signed for the Blues on Wednesday, trained with his team-mates for the first time on Thursday and held a virtual press conference on Friday, ahead of what was supposed to be a debut against Peterborough United this afternoon.
But a positive Covid test means he is now self-isolating and ruled out of this afternoon’s game, as well as the visit of Sunderland on Tuesday night and the following weekend's game at Crewe.
The 25-year-old had reported a negative test earlier in the week when he first arrived in Suffolk, but as part of the twice-weekly testing programme, the Preston loanee returned a positive result yesterday and was immediately sent home from Playford Road.
The rest of the Town first-team squad and staff all returned negative tests ahead of today's meeting with Peterbourough.
Harrop tweeted: "I'm having to self isolate for 10 days as the latest test I took was positive for COVID 19. I haven’t had symptoms as of yet! I'm following the doctor's orders for the best recovery. Hope everyone takes care and stays safe."
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival