Jackson on target as Downes plays for Town Under 23s again at Chelmsford
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Striker Kayden Jackson was on target as Ipswich Town’s Under 23s lost their pre-season friendly at Chelmsford 3-1 last night.
The forward, who has trained with the Blues’ young players for much of pre-season, equalised on 12 minutes after former Norwich striker Simeon Jackson had put the hosts ahead, before goals from former Town academy striker Charlie Sheringham and Adebola Oluwo secured victory for Chelmsford.
Jackson was replaced in the second half, with the striker back in the first-team picture in recent weeks, appearing in the friendlies against Colchester and Millwall.
He is still likely to move on from Portman Road this summer, though, with Joe Pigott, Macauley Bonne, James Norwood and Conor Chaplin all likely to be ahead of the former Accrington Stanley man in the Blues’ pecking order.
Also involved were midfielders Flynn Downes and Brett McGavin and left-back Myles Kenlock who, like Teddy Bishop before his departure, had been sent to train with Ipswich’s young players and are likely to move on.
Ipswich Town U23s: Bort (Ridd), Alexander, Kenlock, McGavin, Smith, Baggott, Curtis, Downes, Jackson (Manly), Page (Agbaje), Crane (Valentine).
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 8 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 9 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 10 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'