Keane: Fulop doubtful for Forest trip
ROY Keane revealed during his lunchtime press conference that keeper Marton Fulop is only 50-50 for this Saturday’s trip to home specialists Nottingham Forest.
Fulop missed Tuesday night’s 2-1 defeat at Watford, due to a back problem, which paved the way for Brian Murphy to make his first league appearance of the season.
And Murphy looks set to retain his place at the City Ground.
“Marton will be touch-and-go for Saturday,” explained Keane. “He hasn’t trained today, and he might try and do it a bit tomorrow, but I would say he is doubtful for the weekend.
“We won’t be taking any risks, especially with as good a keeper as Brian Murphy to come in. I thought he did OK at Watford.”
The Town boss has no other new injuries ahead of the weekend, although Darren O’Dea and Mark Kennedy will continue to miss out.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 4 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 5 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 6 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 7 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 8 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 9 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 10 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms