Keane sees good and bad in Coventry win
ROY Keane admits he has little hope of securing Giovani dos Santos from Spurs on a permanent basis.The Ipswich Town manager would love to keep the Mexican striker who netted his fourth goal in eight appearances for the Blues in a 2-1 win over Coventry City.
ROY Keane admits he has little hope of securing Giovani dos Santos from Spurs on a permanent basis.
The Ipswich Town manager would love to keep the Mexican striker who netted his fourth goal in eight appearances for the Blues in a 2-1 win over Coventry City.
Keane has already sounded out the 19-year-old but is not overly optimistic.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “You always have to have hope but I have to say if Tottenham were looking to do business then there will be plenty of clubs queuing up for him.
“I spoke to the lad the other day and it is clear he has plenty of options.
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 9 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 10 A14 closed after serious crash between van and car
“You can see why because he is a talented boy
“I will be planning ahead without Gio. It is fairly unrealistic that we can bring him to Ipswich.
“I know Harry likes to wheel and deal but I don't think Ipswich would be in there.
“I feel Gio will be playing at a higher level than the Championship.”
Pablo Counago also netted before City pulled one back through Clinton Morrison in a mixed end of season performances in front of nearly 28,000 crowd at Portman Road.
Keane said: “There was good and bad, a bit of everything.
“It was important today I learnt a lot about the team.”