Kennedy out for weeks
ROY Keane revealed that left-back Mark Kennedy would be missing for several weeks, after injuring his hamstring during the closing minutes of Saturday’s 2-1 home defeat to Coventry.
ROY Keane revealed that left-back Mark Kennedy would be missing for several weeks, after the ex-Cardiff man injured his hamstring during the closing minutes of Saturday’s 2-1 home defeat to Coventry.
Kennedy’s injury comes just over a week after fellow left-back Darren O’Dea underwent an operation on his damaged knee.
But on the plus side, Shane O’Connor is in contention for a starting place at left-back at Watford tomorrow evening.
“Sparky (Kennedy) has a damaged hamstring, and so he’ll miss a number of weeks,” confirmed Keane at this lunchtime’s press conference.
“He’s going to have a scan. It’s a blow for us, but we have options. We are OK in terms of cover.
“Shane O’Connor has looked sharp in training and so might come back into it,” added Keane.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
The Town boss also revealed that he is still hoping to see one new loan player over the next few weeks, and the indications are that it is a striker.
“I have one or two (strikers) in mind,” added Keane.