'We could have had more' - Pompey boss Jackett on 'good win' at Town
- Credit: Steve Waller
Portsmouth boss Kenny Jackett said he felt his team could have scored more goals at Portman Road yesterday.
Pompey left with all three points courtesy of a Ryan Williams first-half brace, and hit the woodwork twice.
Jackett, whose side replaced Town in third place in the League One table, said: “I thought we played very well. Two good goals and in the second half we hit the woodwork twice, we could have had more.
“I’m very pleased with the players, I felt they deserved to win today and should gain in confidence and move on to Tuesday night against Fleetwood. If you want to be up there and challenging, you have to win on a consistent basis against different types of opposition.”
He added: “In the second half we had good chances and good opportunities and, towards the end of the game, they put a number of players up front and it changed the flow of the game slightly.
You may also want to watch:
"‘We then defended well and retained a break to be able to get in behind them.
"When you have big chances to make it 3-0, you always want that third goal.
- 1 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 2 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 5 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 7 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 10 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
‘By the end it was a very good win. It would have been nice to score more goals, the final 20 minutes would have been a bit more comfortable for me.’