Great move or a big risk? What Town fans are saying about Kieran McKenna
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town fans have been reacting to news that Kieran McKenna is the club's new boss - here's a look at what they're saying...
The 35-year-old Northern Irishman, who has been a first team coach at Manchester United for the last three-and-a-half years, signs a three-and-a-half year deal at Portman Road to become the 19th (and youngest) manager in the club’s history.
Joining McKenna in making the move from Old Trafford is Martyn Pert. The 43-year-old, who was also a key member of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's staff, will be assistant manager.
The duo will won't officially start work until after this weekend's near sell-out home clash with Sunderland, with John McGreal remaining interim boss for that League One game.
McKenna's also coached the under 18 sides at both United and Tottenham Hotspur.
So, is it a bold, exciting, progressive choice from Town, or a huge risk given he's yet to lead a senior side?
Here's what fans are saying...
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 10 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's