Kieron Dyer completes Middlesbrough switch
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
FORMER Ipswich Town star Kieron Dyer has completed a switch to Middlesbrough and could make his debut at Portman Road, against the Blues, on Saturday.
Dyer has had two spells with Ipswich and was training with Mick McCarthy’s team earlier in the month, having left Premier League strugglers QPR.
Boro boss – and Dyer’s his one-time Blues team-mate Tony Mowbray – said: “He’s looked really good in training, nice and sharp.
“The level he has played his football at over the years suggests he is very talented and he’s shown that in training this week.
“It’s a done deal in my mind. I’ve known Kieron a long, long time.
You may also want to watch:
“He was a fabulous footballer as a young player. He’s had injury problems over the years but I’ve watched recent footage of him playing for QPR and he looked as though he still has plenty to offer.
“If he can help us win a few games this season and help us over the line then it will be a good deal for the club and the player. He will have enjoyed his football and we will have got the benefits of a top player playing for us.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
“We’re looking forward to him helping us in our bid for promotion and I think it’s likely he’ll be wearing a Boro shirt on Saturday.”