Kieron Dyer completes Middlesbrough switch
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
FORMER Ipswich Town star Kieron Dyer has completed a switch to Middlesbrough and could make his debut at Portman Road, against the Blues, on Saturday.
Dyer has had two spells with Ipswich and was training with Mick McCarthy’s team earlier in the month, having left Premier League strugglers QPR.
Boro boss – and Dyer’s his one-time Blues team-mate Tony Mowbray – said: “He’s looked really good in training, nice and sharp.
“The level he has played his football at over the years suggests he is very talented and he’s shown that in training this week.
“It’s a done deal in my mind. I’ve known Kieron a long, long time.
“He was a fabulous footballer as a young player. He’s had injury problems over the years but I’ve watched recent footage of him playing for QPR and he looked as though he still has plenty to offer.
“If he can help us win a few games this season and help us over the line then it will be a good deal for the club and the player. He will have enjoyed his football and we will have got the benefits of a top player playing for us.
- 1 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 2 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
- 3 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 4 Rogue trader in white van visits homes in west Suffolk
- 5 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 6 Needham Market 0 Ipswich Town 7: Chaplin nets hat-trick
- 7 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 8 Project to keep Suffolk pub 'protected for years' turned down
- 9 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 10 Man found guilty of sex assaults on schoolgirl
“We’re looking forward to him helping us in our bid for promotion and I think it’s likely he’ll be wearing a Boro shirt on Saturday.”