Kiwomya eyes management job
CHRIS Kiwomya is targeting a first team manager’s position after being released by Ipswich.
The former Town striker said he wanted to take the natural step in his coaching career after guiding the reserves to top spot in the Totesport.Com reserve league last season.
He left Ipswich after the Blues withdrawing from the league for next season, a mutual agreement between him and the Club has seen him move on and ready to take the next step in his career.
Kiwomya said: “Management definitely appeals. I’ve worked with a lot of good people, both on the playing side and in coaching and now I’d like to take that next step.
“I want to move on to the next level now and that means management. I worked with the youngsters at Arsenal and then had three good years at Ipswich and that’s a good education for a coach.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to think I have played a part in seeing the boys at Ipswich develop, some of those youngsters are now in the first-team. It might mean starting in non-League but that wouldn’t worry me. It’s the challenge that I want.”
Kiwomya, who played a leading part in Town reaching the Premier League in 1992, added: “I’ve had some great years at Ipswich Town. It’s a fantastic football club and I hope they get back in the Premier League, where they belong.”
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 8 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 9 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 10 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide