Last time we met: Ipswich Town 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 1
- Credit: Archant
A goal either side of half-time from Daryl Murphy was enough for Ipswich Town to secure a 2-1 win over Wolves, the last time they came to Portman Road in November 2014.
The Irishman gave his side the lead with a curling effort after robbing Kevin McDonald of the ball after 35 minutes, but the visitors levelled in the second half as James Henry’s ball into the box skipped up off the turf and flew past Bartosz Bialkowski.
However, Murphy was it it again just six minutes later, as he chipped the ball perfectly past Carl Ikeme to claim all three points.
Ipswich Town: Bialkowski; Chambers, Berra, Smith, Mings; Tabb (Ambrose 79), Hunt (Anderson, 76), Hyam, Bru, Murphy, McGoldrick (Sammon 89).
Subs not used: Crowe, Hewitt, Henshall, Bajner.
You may also want to watch:
Wolves: Ikeme, Doherty, Batth, Ebanks-Landell, Edwards (Jacobs, 14 (McAlinden 79)), Henry (van La Parra 82), Sako, McDonald, Evans, Rowe, Clarke.
Subs not used: Kusczak, Stearman, Ricketts, Saville.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 7 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 8 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today