Late decisions to be made on Sonko and Martin
IBRAHIMA Sonko and Lee Martin will face late fitness tests ahead of Saturday’s game at high-flying Middlesbrough.
Centre-back Sonko limped off in the first half of Monday night’s 3-0 home win over Coventry after jarring his knee when blocking the ball.
Winger Martin is available again following a three game suspension and has been back training with the first team following a sabbatical with the youth players. He has not trained for the last two days though due to a bout of tonsillitis.
“He (Sonko) just jarred his knee when blocking the ball,” said Jewell. “We’ll make a decision on him as late as possible.
“Lee has trained well but I don’t know if he’ll be available for selection yet because he’s missed a couple of days with tonsillitis.”
You may also want to watch:
Jewell also confirmed at this morning’s press conference that versatile veteran Mark Kennedy will once again miss out with a calf injury.
Icelandic centre-back Ivar Ingimarsson – whose only first team appearance since joining the club was the 3-0 opening day win at Bristol City – is back in contention after recovering from a thigh problem. He played in Tuesday afternoon’s 5-0 reserve team win over Peterborough.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 5 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 8 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 9 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 10 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
The Blues boss, who has generally played one up front away from home, says he is still considering which formation to play at the Riverside after Jason Scotland and Michael Chopra showed promising signs of a strike partnership on Monday night.
– For all the latest Ipswich Town news, see tomorrow’s EADT and Evening Star.