Lee Bowyer will have to take significant pay cut
IPSWICH Town manager Paul Jewell says he will be offering veteran midfielder Lee Bowyer a new contract – but on significantly reduced terms.
THE 35-year-old midfielder has made just five starts in the second half of a stop-start debut season.
Jewell said: “He is one of those people who you have a pre-conceived idea about before you meet them, but he is a real good influence on young players.
“He is not getting any younger and that has to be reflected in my decision – though it hasn’t been made yet.
“I have briefly spoken with his agent and obviously, with the economic climate, people are having to take less wages these days. Nothing has been set in stone with him yet.”
You may also want to watch:
– See tomorrow’s EADT for all the latest Blues news.
- 1 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more